What We Offer
Stable Financial is a team of passionate experts specialising in the business aspects of the thoroughbred horse industry, committed to providing a complete and personalised range of accounting, tax and practical solutions to a group of progressive clients.
Stable Financial has evolved from earlier strong foundations, featuring Pitcher Partners and Ernst and Young, to be an expert professional service provider that specialises in the thoroughbred horse industry. The firm was established in 1991 and is well known nationally and internationally for its expertise in the horse industry.
Stable Connect (SC) Ltd is the holder of an appropriate licence (AFSL #: 336964) allowing it to undertake the promotion and management of Horse Breeding and/or Racing Syndicates of any size and capital value. We offer a full range of management, consulting and support services to Thoroughbred Breeding and/or Racing Syndicates.
Stable Legal is a law practice that specialises in providing services to the Thoroughbred Breeding and/or Racing industries. With a hands on knowledge of the equine world, the governing laws and principals can be applied specifically to all participants whether large or small.
Horse Industry Focus
Our firm has been heavily involved in:
- Advising horse businesses nationally and internationally including UK, Europe, Asia, America and New Zealand
- Providing expert reports relating to the horse industry
- Working closely with industry associations and regulators
- Acting on behalf of owners, breeders, jockeys, trainers and horse industry bodies in lobbying the government for increased tax concessions for those operating in the horse industry
- Assisting numerous clients to satisfy the Australian Taxation Office that a commercial ‘horse breeding’ business is being conducted
- Representing Thoroughbred Breeders Australia (TBA) in a formal partnership arrangement with the ATO
- Preparing a submission on the draft ruling on the horse industry, which was released as a final ruling in May 2008 as TR2008/2
- Attending a Senate Commitee inquiry regarding proposed changes to the “non-commercial” loss provisions
Our clients are involved in a variety of equine industry operations, such as:
- Breeding & Racing Operations
- Horse Studs
- Various thoroughbred industry services
- Agistment properties
- Equine training centres
- Industry associations
- Bloodstock agents
Here’s what some of our clients have said
“The taxation complexities and financial implications encountered by thoroughbred breeders are simply astronomical. Stable Financial has gained our trust and we have learned to rely on the expertise of their professional team. They have repeatedly proven to be a valuable resource for our company.”
Peter Liston, Three Bridges – principal of award winning family business
“I appreciate the quick response time and accuracy of the information supplied by Adam and Jason at Stable Financial. We have a very good working relationship.”
Paul Favretto, Favretto Bloodstock
“Having known both Tim and Adam for many years, I have found them to be people I can trust. They both understand the horse industry and I think it’s great to offer commercial advice to horse breeders from the same place!”
Rick Jamieson, Gilgai Farm
“I’ve had a long association with Adam Tims and the Stable Financial team, but it was through my involvement in the Swettenham Stud breeding Venture No.1, that I gained a real insight into the passion that they all have for the thoroughbred industry. It goes without saying that I would recommend Stable Financial to any breeder.”
Adam Sangster, Managing Director, Swettenham Stud
Request a Call Back
Do you have questions about how Stable Financial can help you or your company? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly.
We are available on the phone 03 9629 3023 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday — we would be delighted to meet you.
@StableFinancial The Moreton Bay Fig at Newmarket will be retained as part of the Cbus project - www.smh.com.au/business/property/cbus-property-offers-afforable-housing-at-newmarket-randwick-20170411-gvip7b.html